Another School Year Is Almost Over....Are You Ready For Summer?
It is the last week of June and the school year is coming to an end. Tereya's last day of class was on June 16, but she had to return to take her regents exams. Nyasia's last day of school is on June 26. They are both excited about Summer. The first week out of school is usually the most relaxing for my girls. This is mostly because they get to sleep late. When Tereya was younger she rarely stayed in New York for the Summer. As soon as school was over she left to visit her father, stepmother, sister and brothers in Georgia. As she got older she stayed in the city and both Tereya and Nyasia went to summer camp.
|At sleep away camp|
|At Pier 6 near the volleyball court|
Listed below is a snippet of some of the activities my daughters and I will do this Summer.
Go to Brooklyn Bridge Park. This park consist of 6 piers. There are so many activities and attractions at the Brooklyn Bridge Park. Some of our favorites are the playgrounds (we love pier 6)
Roller Skating at the Lefrak Center at Lakeside. Click here for pricing and hours.
Family Day-National Dance Day at Lincoln Center Out Of Doors. During the their events are free to the public.
Beaches, Amusement Parks, Museums
Mini golf at Pier 25 at Hudson River Park
Road Trip in August
- Nyasia will begin her summer assignment's after Independence Day.
- Arts & Crafts
- Have a few picnics at Prospect Park, and other picnic areas.
- Have a scavenger hunt (find things in your neighborhood or home from A to Z)
- Game day/night (board games, Wii, Xbox)
- Take a trip to the zoo. New York has a zoo in each borough
- Bronx Zoo (At one time Wednesday admission was free. However, they suggest you make a donation). Click here for hours and rates.
- Central Park Zoo. Click here for hours and rates.
- Prospect Park Zoo. Click here for hours and rates.
- Queens Zoo. Click here for hours and ratess.
|Water Lab at Pier 6|
|Sandbox Village at Pier 6|
This summer the girls and I will partake in several activities within our city. Some will be educational and some will be recreational.
What do you have planned for your child/children this summer?